Just some thoughts and ideas going around in my head while trying to figure out where I am and where everyone else is going.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's Yesterday Once More

When I was young... I mean younger, I thought that if you had a radio and was not listening to music, then you must have been considerably old, World War II generation. You were someone who was completely out of touch with real life and would gossip nonsense with others just to make yourself feel good. Everyone who was "with it" had a television set. Some of us even had a color one. All the entertainment and instant news and information could be got just by sitting in front of the box a few hours a day.

Now, I still don't listen to the radio, but I do listen to what's produced on it. I listen to podcasts. These help me listen to shows that I could not otherwise listen to because of scheduling conflicts. The shows that I want to listen to are played while I am at work, or when I am underground on the subway, or when I want to do something else at that time. National Public Radio (NPR) has become a favorite of mine because of this new technology or fad. Their podcasts sometimes give me a different perspective on subjects that I had thought I had already known about. I will agree that they are often politically liberal in their approach to things, but I don't think they are politically biased and they will often show both sides of an issue.

So think of my surprise when a few days ago when I was listening to a podast about, "How the Internet is changing how we think about our reputations," when they started to talk about websites like Don't Date Him Girl.com, a website dedicated to outing men who did their women wrong. Can you imagine a website where all your dirty laundry will be out there for everyone to see for maybe who knows how long. The entire idea sends chills up my spine.

It's a good thing that they don't have a website where gay men could do that sort of thing. It would be brutal. The things some vicious queens would say about their men would shock you into the next century. I mean take for example my last 3 exes... Oops, sorry got to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like or dislike what you just read? Go ahead, tell me why. All comments are welcome here, good or bad let's both open up and discuss our differences or our similarities.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Analytics Tracking Code